A Brief Description

My photo
Photographer, Gardener, Wishful Thinker!

Sep 29, 2010

September in Ely


A weekend in the north woods is never enough.
It leaves me longing for more.
I was lucky enough to have been up
there at the peak of color this year.
Spoiled by wonderful wholesome food and
the company of many beautiful women.
My senses were heightened by natures gifts.





Drizzling rain creating a gauze like curtain over the lake,
colors of orange, red and yellow. Deep, rich, warm.

Stretch to meet the morning sun.
Start the new day limber.

Smells of Pine, and Birch and Maple.
Draped fallen branches with Moss and Lichen,

Outcroppings of rocks and boulders,
Petri dishes.
Colonies of new life springs.
Tendrils reaching toward the sky.

Red Squirrel never seems afraid,
noisy creature, silly fellow.

Warblers, chickadee dee dee's.......
Hairy woodpecker, ruffed grouse,
hungry flicker nibbling ants.

Young buck turns to me,
nose twitching, senses fear,
bounds off into the woods.

Morning fog dancing on the lake,
Sun rising, warming the air.

Simple boat hitch draws my eye,
Many boats docked nearby.

Loon cries.....

No comments: