A Brief Description

My photo
Photographer, Gardener, Wishful Thinker!

Apr 5, 2010

Spring Cleanup


Taking a break from the back breaking work in the garden.
I have one wheel barrow full of branches and stalks left from last years perennials.
What to do with all the yard waste?
I've outgrown two compost bins....and have yet to sift the one that's ready for use.

The Rabbits did a number on several bushes and destroyed my raspberry canes that were to produce this summer. I realize it was a tough cold snowy winter for the little guys and I love them.
But the my heart is broken that I won't be able to pick fresh berries from my own garden this year.
Maybe there's a reason.
I'd like to think so.
I'll look at it as....
I've provided for the less fortunate.
It's tough out there, even for the Rabbits.

I hope that the new addition to our cat population will keep the yard in order this summer.
Keep the Critters out of my strawberries and other edible plantings.
GK..... I'm counting on you. Do your god given duty of keeping the Rabbits in check.
And yet that makes me sad too. But again...there's a rhythm to life and every thing has a purpose. After all cats have been controlling the rodent population for a really long time.
And there's not much I can do to stop it.

No comments: